My dear friend, who came to Greece on a whim that has turned into a passion, posted this the other day – I share it with her permission…
The Top Ten Things I Love About Living in Greece
- When I buy vegetables from the market, they have still have dirt on them.
- When I take a cab home at night, 9 times out of 10 the cab driver waits until I’m in the door to drive away.
- 7:00 pm is still considered afternoon.
- At least once a day, I see a motorcycle or scooter driving the wrong way down the street. And no one seems at all concerned.
- Something about the way the sunlight hits the landscape here makes the whole place seem magical.
- My neighbors have become my friends and know and care about the details of my daily life.
- Coffee with a friend lasts two or three hours, and I have never once talked about stock options or liquidity events.
- When I walk down the street, I’m greeted with γεια σου κουκλα μου, γεια σου αγαπη, γεια σου ομορφη (hello darling, hello love, hello beautiful) by old men and women.
- Shortly after meeting someone, I am invited to their home or apartment.
- Greek summer.
Thanks for this!
Until next week,